Kudos to you for creating your first school on CoachRack! Now, the next logical step is to populate it with hundreds of courses that your students can purchase, learn from, and post good things about to the world.
But, let us ask you a very critical question – have you charted an outline for your course yet? In other words, have you created a curriculum? Think of it like a collection of sections broken down into individual lessons. These lessons can be in the form of videos, documents, images, or even PDF attachments!
Once your curriculum is charted out, you place it on your course on CoachRack, and start uploading content under it. We’ve broken this tutorial down into two steps – adding Sections and Lessons.
To walk you through the whole process, let’s take our sample school “The Sound of Music” as a fine example. On it, we’re going to add our first course called “Become the Ultimate Guitar Pro in 30 Days”.
Let’s get going by clicking on the Courses tab from our CoachRack Sales Dashboard.
Next, click on the Add Course button.
This opens up a popup where you will add the title of your course. As decided earlier, we’re going to go ahead and enter “Become the Ultimate Guitar Pro in 30 Days”.
Clicking on Save above takes you right to the Curriculum section of this course you just created. Here, you will break down the contents of your course into Sections and Lessons.
Our suggestion? Add all sections first, and then proceed to adding lessons under each of them. Just a better way to stay organized on CoachRack!
Step 1: Add Section
Ready to create your first ever section?Click on Add Section to get started!
Up opens a popup that requires you to add the details for your section.
Add a title for your section, and its URL in the system will be automatically created. We’re going ahead with a section called “Getting Started”.
Next, of course, this section is Enabled.
Move on to the other tab in this popup – Scheduling – that lets you set up a start date for this section on which it’ll be available to your students.
Wait, what’s Scheduling? We’ve explained the concept of scheduling your content in CoachRack at length in this tutorial.
With that, hit Save and voila – your section is now visible in your Curriculum list.
Just like that, add all the sections in your curriculum one by one by clicking on Add Section. At any point of time, edit or delete the sections by clicking on the relevant icons towards the right hand side of the section.
Step 2: Add Lesson
Hereon, things start becoming fun! Assuming you’ve charted an outline for your entire course, you also know what kind of lessons it is going to have, right? Are there going to be videos? Are there going to be attachments in a few lessons? Are you planning on making some lessons interactive? Once you’ve decided, simply click on Add Lesson under the section you just created.
This opens up a popup where you put in the title of the lesson.
Let’s create a lesson called “Introduction to Guitar Playing”. As soon as you put in the title, the URL of it will be created in the system simultaneously.
Click on Save, and you’ll be redirected to its content segment, where you’ll start adding the files under it, fill it with loads of content, enter/upload attachments, and edit its details.
Note: Click on the Preview button to see your lesson’s frontend on your school site anytime you want to check out how it will appear to your student.
Upload the video file of this lesson from here. Click on Upload to open our file manager and upload your file from there. When done, click on Save to move on to the next tab.
FYI: Wondering what format to create and upload your videos in?
CoachRack supports .mp4, .mkv, .flv, .webm, .mpeg, and .3gp. Go on, upload all you want!
Got an audio file to go along with your lesson? Upload it from here. The process is the same – click on the Upload icon > upload file on File Manager > Insert.
FYI #2: Supported formats for audio files are .mp3 and .wav.
For any additional information you’d like to include in the form of text in this lesson, use the Text tab. The text will appear below the video/audio file on the frontend of your lesson.
In this content editor, copy-paste the text content of the lesson. Use our fleet of awesome formatting tools to make the lesson content look even more attractive!
Click on Save once done!
Any reference material that your students could benefit from as part of this lecture can be attached from under here. Simply upload a PDF or a Zip file and it’ll be available for the students to download right under the lesson on the frontend.
And, with that, the content section of this lesson is sorted. Now, we move on to the last tab.- Settings.
In here, we do the general setup of this lesson. Let’s take the fields one by one:
- Title: The title of your lesson goes here.
- URL: Auto-populated, it’s part of your lesson URL string.
- Summary: Write here what this lesson is about and what your students will extract from the information in it.
- Section: By default, this lesson is part of the section you’ve just created above. However, in case you wish to change its placement to another section sometime, you can simply select that section from this drop-down.
- Status: Published or draft? Save your lesson’s status here.
- Duration: The more descriptive you are about your lesson, the better. Enter here how many minutes this lesson video goes on for to give your students a better idea of the length they need to commit for.
- Lesson Icon: What kind of a lesson is it going to be? Is it just a written blog-type lesson? Or, perhaps, a multimedia type? Or, a mix of multiple formats? This icon will show up right against your lesson name on your course. So, choose away!
- Is Free: To build up the interest of the leads you generate, you could consider keeping this lesson free, and if they like it, have them sign up for the entire training! This is a mighty smart way of piquing your prospective students’ interest by showing them that your course packs a punch, and that they won’t regret investing in you!
- Enable Comments: At the bottom of every lesson shows up a comments section if you enable this toggle. This lets your students ask questions about your lesson publicly, or simply interact with you and other fellow students about the concepts you’ve laid out in the lesson. Let your students make comments on the content and showcase how consuming it bettered their life!
- Enable Scheduling and Scheduling At: If your sections are already set on a release schedule, you’d be surprised to know that you could set up a schedule for on lesson level too!
To give you an example, say, you’ve set up a weekly release for each section of your course. And, every section has 7 lessons under it. By enabling Scheduling here, you can break those 7 lessons through the week, releasing a new one every day. Simply select the day from Scheduled At, and this particular lesson will be released and made available to your students on that day. Isn’t it kinda cool? Your regular content inflow brings members to the yard!
All details entered – this is how our screen looks like now:
Let’s click on Save and proceed to the next big tab of this course – Summary.
Summarize this course in a few lines under this field. While completely optional, this section lets your students get familiarized with what’s inside the course.
Details & Video
On CoachRack, every sellable training unit like a course or lecture must be accompanied by a sales copy and a sales video. Videos obviously convert better than a text sales copy, so you must emphasize on them to speed up the sales of your courses.
The Details and Video tabs cover all essential information about your course, its benefits to the students, its application, and overall learning from it. The student is about to shell out their precious money here, so you’ve got to be authentic, highlight the positives of your course, and pack the Details section with as much information as you can to make it look convincing.
And once the student is convinced, they’ll click the magic “Order” button, and your sale will be made!
With that, the initial setup of our course is through and we’re definitely a few steps ahead from when we first started.
Next up: setting up pricing for your course. Make sure to set up a pricing plan for your course before you enable it by going all the way back to the main Courses listing page. Without it, you won’t be able to make it available to your students for purchase and access.
We’re excited for this to sell hard, aren’t you?